POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photon - Cornell Box : Re: Photon - Cornell Box Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon - Cornell Box
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 21 Feb 2003 06:07:55
Message: <3e56088b@news.povray.org>
> You amaze me.

Nah, just experience and a nack for experimenting.

What might work for every surface to collect photons
and every surface to reflect photons, would be to put
them all inside a union{} and make them a target. Photons
will be generated with all objects using reflection, but won't
show up in the final image due to no_image.

But, in this occasion, if you want the entire scene to be
light by photons, it would probably really be easier to put
something like
#declare Reflect_Photons=yes;
at the beginning and
finish{ #if (Reflect_Photons) reflection 1 #end [other finishes]}
inside every finish for every material.
Then render the scene with reflections on, and save the photons
using "save_file" inside the photon{} Block of the global
settings.
Then, switch Reflect_Photons to no/off/0 and use
load_file instead of save_file. Thus, no specular reflections,
but photons all over the place. This would get quiet parsing
and memory intensive though.

Let me see if I can cook up a small scene for that.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias